2011.02 - present Deque
Director of Consulting Methodology and Quality
- Develop methodology for accessibility consultants that leads to excellent quality, efficiency, consistency and most importantly a more accessible web. Independently guide clients to establish and maintain sustainable and successful accessibility programs. Mentor consultants so they can continue to grow professional and reach their full potential. Provide level of effort estimates for accessibility consulting. Drive improvements in products and services. Continuously learn and refine my professional knowledge in this vast and ever developing field of expertise. Continue to perform all Senior Accessibility Consultant deliverables because this frontline work is where the web truly becomes usable by all.
Senior Accessibility Consultant
- Provide accessibility consulting services to government, education and companies that range from small business to Fortune 500. Develop enterprise level accessibility strategy and implementation plans. Conduct manual and automated accessibility testing using appropriate standards (WCAG 2.0, 508 and/or custom standards). Configure Worldspace FireEyes Server for clients to monitor accessibility progress and compliance. Expert knowledge of assistive technology and usability testing. Evangelize universal design and the open web by teaching, presenting and writing articles and books for publication.
2004.04 - present
- Team Leadership, Project Management, Usability, Accessibility, Web Standards, Mobile and Museum Technology Consulting.
Selected projects include:
Selected Publications/Presentations/Training Sessions:
2000.12 - 2011.01
Information Technology Services: University of Texas at Austin
Senior Systems Analyst/Web Technology Team
- Served as accessibility expert and evangelist for the University. Configured Deque Worldspace to monitor accessibility progress and compliance across the university's web presence. Provided leadership and support for Web-based IT projects on campus. Responsible for the planning, project management, design and implementation of complex Web and Web-related software using state of the art tools and techniques. Identified and evaluated new trends and technologies for Web sites and consulted with departments on implementation of these tools and technologies. Shared knowledge with the university and higher education by teaching classes, making presentations and writing articles for publication. Project lead, usability and accessibility consultant on m.utexas.edu. Helped support central UT website.
1991.11 - 2001.01
Human Resources: University of Texas at Austin
Senior Systems Analyst
- Team Leader of Human Resources Information Services. Supervised six analysts. Strategic planning. Led development projects in all areas of Human Resources. Consulted on solutions for highly technical and complex programming problems. Developed software and hardware solutions on web and mainframe. Led team to implement automated employment application. Co-designed the HR Web Site and Staff Central. Served as analyst for Leave Management.
Systems Analyst - Served as analyst for Employment. Designed and developed web and batch mainframe system for applicant tracking and matching. Served as analyst for the Insurance and Retirement Group. Designed and developed insurance enrollment software using scanning equipment and mainframe. Supervised one programmer.
Personnel Representative - Prepared salary surveys and statistical reports for management and outside agencies. Performed job audits for reclassifications and new positions. Consulted with departments on personnel policy matters. Analyzed and made recommendations for departmental budget requests. Assisted departments and employees in solving employee relations problems. Audited and processed personnel action forms.
1991.01 - 1991.11College of Business Computer Center: University of Texas At Austin
Systems Analyst - Analyzed, designed, programmed, tested and implemented computer systems for Business Placement Office. Created and maintained technical documentation for reference and maintenance. Created educational documentation for users. Trained clients to use computer systems. Reevaluated programs to determine if they were clear, simple and efficient.
1989.06 - 1991.01Information Technology Services: University of Texas at Austin
Computer Programmer - Provided Human Resources computer programming support. Specialized in creating hourly payroll software for UT departments. Served as Technical Education Coordinator for new programmer training. Developed educational materials and taught classes for programmers and clients.
1988.02 - 1989.05Human Resources: University of Texas at Austin
Personnel Representative - Provided counseling and arbitration toward the solution of employee problems. Conducted training sessions for UT Staff. Provided information and interpretation of policies and rules. Performed job audits to determine proper classifications and submitted recommendations. Researched and prepared statistical salary reports for UT lawsuit. Continued to perform Personnel Assistant duties.
Personnel Assistant - Audited employee appointment information including salary, title, and quantity of work rule. Answered employee questions on policies and procedures. Developed and responded to salary surveys. Analyzed salary data and prepared statistical reports. Maintained turnover data. Calculated and prepared turnover reports. Developed desk reference manual. Trained employees to use the Macintosh.
University of Texas at Austin
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Business Management - 1987 (GPA 4.0)
- Bachelor of Arts, Psychology - 1986 (GPA 4.0)
References available upon request.