In April, I had the opportunity to talk about accessibility on the Non-Breaking Space Show. Emily Lewis, Dave McFarland and Chris Enns hosted this episode with a focused set of questions. Our discussion points include:
- How did the goodwitch decide to specialize in accessibility?
- What is universal design and how does it relate to accessibility?
- Do you recommend using an accessibility checklist or a user interactive evaluation process?
- How do people with disabilities use the web? What types of technologies and techniques do they use?
- Is the average web developer/designer aware of accessibility?
- How do you handle it when a client says “accessibility is too expensive for us to do?”
- If you want to make your site accessible, what are a few first steps you can take?
- What resources do you recommend for making the business case for accessibility?
- What is driving the trend towards a more accessible web? Market factors? Legal Factors?
- How are accessibility and mobile design related?
The podcast is posted over at the Non-Breaking Space Show at Interview with Glenda Sims on Accessibility. I encourage you to explore the treasure trove of interviews at Non-breaking Space TV and consider subscribing to the show on iTunes. Your brain and the web will appreciate it!