I recently went to see my dear friends, Rhonda & Lindsey, play in a softball tournament with the Son’s of Pitches. It was seriously the most entertaining softball tournament I’ve ever been to in my life. While I was there, I got to try Vodka Gummy Bears for the very first time. It will probably come as no surprise to you…I loved them. So…before I ate too many, I begged for the recipe.
- 1 pound of Haribo Gummy Bears (do not substite with off-brand)
- Bottle of Vodka (I used a 750 ML bottle of Grey Goose Vodka)
- 12 oz can of Minute Maid Premium Fruit Punch (defrosted)
- Making Vodka Gummy Bears takes patience, like 5-7 days worth of patience.
- Put Gummy Bears in a large glass bowl (the largest bowl if you have a set of 3 nesting bowls).
- Pour Vodka over the Gummy Bears until they are completely submerged.
- Put plastic wrap over the top of the bowl and put the bowl in the refrigerator.
- Stir Gummy Bears a couple of times a day for 3-5 days. (First day, they were quite challenging to stir. I had to wash my hands and “stir”/separate with my hands. I kept adding vodka to keep them submerged.)
- When Gummy Bears are nice and plump, drain vodka off. (note: liquid will be gummy bear color and thick with sugar. you can drink it if you dare.)
- Add the 12 oz can of defrosted fruit punch and 1 1/2 cans of water to the bowl.
- Stir Gummy Bears a couple of times a day for another 2 days (or so).
- Taste test a Gummy Bear to see if they have achieved maximum plumpness and are soft in the center.
- Drain off excess liquid and put Gummy Bears in shot glasses. (I used plastic shot glasses. And since I made so many, I put the filled shot glasses in a large rectangular tupperware container.)
Important! Keep Vodka Gummy Bears cool. They dissolve if they get warm.
Who knew candy could be this much fun!