I love fall. Even though you can hardly tell it is fall in Texas by the weather, October is full of autumn reminders. Football, pumpkin carving, halloween, hot apple cider and cool crisp mornings. Without fail, this season coaxes me into the kitchen to whip up a few of my favorite recipes. (free drink to the first to guess the font used on the pumpkins)
I wish I could just invite you all over for a cup of hot cider and a slice of my brandy pumpkin bread…but it seems the best I can do is share a new recipe with you.
Carmel Apple Cider
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups apple cider
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Bring cream and brown sugar to a boil in a pan over medium heat.
- Stir in cider and water and raise heat to medium high.
- Heat just until cider begins to steam, about 4 minutes.
- Divide among 4 mugs, top each with 2 tablespoons of Whipped Cream
- In a small chilled bowl, whip cream with brown sugar until soft peaks form.